Monday, June 23, 2014

The Market at Stone Oak - A Grocery Store Wonderland

Grocery shopping doesn't have to be just another mundane chore. HEB is making sure of it.

Curiosity got the best of me twice this weekend as I visited the new HEB location on Hardy Oak and Wilderness Oak. It's no surprise the store looks great but it's more than just a pretty face. Its offerings include everything from an in-store restaurant and bar, a juicing station, and a make your own nut butter station. Even the meat market was impressive with plenty of prime and organic options. The deli isn't just for cold cuts either. I lost count trying to keep up with the different types of cheeses and even hummus. According to the HEB website they offer over 250 different types of cheese and over 30 varieties of hummus. This is definitely a store you should take your time to explore.
A few standouts from my trip include the juicing area. I was impressed to find only two ingredients in the juice I picked up, oranges and pineapple. No water. No sugar. Just fruit. The taste test exceeded expectations and even my toddler couldn't get enough. The bakery was also another favorite. The bread and tortillas are made from scratch making the bread aisle feel sub par. Last but not least, the floral department is beautiful. It was hard to settle on one arrangement and I found myself looking for other places to put fresh flowers in my home.
Even for those living outside of Stone Oak, I highly recommend going to this store at least once. You may find it's worth the extra 10 or 15 min to discover a new favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment