Thursday, April 14, 2016

Fiesta Decorating

Fiesta time in San Antonio means parties, parades, food, fun and Mexican themed decorations. With my background in design I've had to find the best sources for supplies. I thought I'd share some of my favorite shopping spots for all things Fiesta!



Travis Wholesale , located near The Pearl, has paper flowers in all shapes, colors and sizes. In this picture of my foyer I've used the flowers around the base of a large red vase. I've also added white and green branches (Styrofoam secures branches) to hang Mexican ornaments.  Travis Wholesale will also have the wide net ribbon, and wreath base for your fiesta wreath , which I sprayed bright blue. Start with your focal point then layer trays with candles and flowers, something fresh like a Bromeliad from Loews and paper garlands.

Tin ornaments and Girl bought at Fiesta on Main
Candles bought at HEB
Fiesta on Main now called Alamo Fiesta, is the number one hot spot for everything Fiesta. They have Guayuberas for men, dresses, sashes for medals and everything you'll need to decorate. I buy the small sombreros, and small ornaments there as well as the paper animals, garlands and Fiesta flags.  This is their busy time of year so allow enough time for parking and shopping. Oh by the way....The BEST pinatas ever!   As mentioned earlier, I've sprayed my wooded wreath bright blue, added loops of mesh ribbon (not bows) and started hot gluing flowers, hats and ornaments until it was full. Use hot glue and lots of it! 
 
                        Other hot spots for Fiesta...

Lilys Cookies is my absolute favorite for iced cookies in the shapes of Fiesta. They are edible masterpieces. Order early!

Nativa for gorgeous Mexican dresses and accessories. Their pieces are authentic and a little more in price but absolutely worth it. Each piece has a story of origin and are unique.



Hope this help in narrowing your search for Fiesta decorations. Have fun and Happy Fiesta!
Mandy Barkley with River Valley Real Estate


No comments:

Post a Comment